Thursday, April 11, 2013

Color Club "Fiesta" Collection

If you follow me on Instagram, it is no secret that I love Color Club Polished. Recently, the wonderful Tabitha over at idreamoflacquer.blogspot.com helped feed my addiction. She sent me the entire new Color Club "Fiesta" Collection!! 


 The "Fiesta" collection consists of seven (7) beautiful polishes. From left to right they are: Wild Cactus, Sunshine Canyon, Mamba, Endless Summer, Flamingo, and On The Rocks.

Before I swathed these colors, I had to do a bit of nail art. So i decided to try water marbling with them. Not too bad for my third try. I used all of the colors in the collection except for 'On the Rocks'



Now, before I show you my swatches, please pay little mind to my poor ring finger nail. Last week, the corner started to break, so I "fixed" it using the tea-bag method. It worked for a few days, but alas, my poor nail broke. I don't have the heart to chop down all the other nails, so I just filed them down a bit. Hopefully my ring finger nail will grow quickly!


WILD CACTUS:
This polish is a beautiful dark green. The color is spot on to some of the cacti I have seen! Application was a breeze! This is 2 coats of 'Wild Cactus' plus a top coat (also Color Club).




SUNSHINE CANYON:
Talk about sunshine! 'Sunshine Canyon' is a lovely bright green! (bright... not neon!) I would highly recommend to wear your base coat for this one, because hun, it stains. Besides the staining, its a great polish; smooth application and opacity in just 2 coats. 




MAMBA:
I am usually not such a big fan of bright reds. I love them on others, but on me... not so much. Although I would probably not wear this very often, 'Mamba' is a stunning red polish! This is just 2 coats, but it is opaque in one coat. Keep in mind that this IS a red polish, and like most reds, it DOES stain your nails red. 




ENDLESS SUMMER:
To me, this blue was not very unique. It was very similar to 'Chelsea Girl' (which you can see here X ) The only difference was that this one did not have a rubbery finish. Never the less, it is still an amazing color! The first coat goes on a little sheer, but the second coat makes it opaque. I would recommend three coats, just in case. This is 'Endless Summer' in three coats: 




FLAMINGO:
This color was so difficult to capture! But after many tries, I finally got an accurate picture. This is such a pretty pink that isn't too bright or too light.



ON THE ROCKS:
Can you say metallic!! This is such a lovely metallic silver. It goes on smoothly and is opaque in just one coat! 



Overall, I was super happy with this collection! I will definitely be trying new designs with these colors!




No comments:

Post a Comment