Friday, April 5, 2013

Color Club "Poptastic" collection

Hi there. If you follow me on Instagram you may know about my obsession with Color Club. I had a free day yesterday, so I had the chance to swatch the Poptas!c collection. 
This set had 6 "popping" neons!

The first one that I swatched was 'Warhol'. Warhold has a rubbery finish when it dries. Pictured below is Warhol's natural finish, and with a top coat. This is a bright neon pink polish with easy application. It took 3 coats to become completely even, but honestly, three coats is so worth it!


 Next, is "Poptastic" a slightly lighter neon pink. Poptastic also has a smoooth rubbery finish. You can really tell the difference the top coat makes. I think that this is my favorite from the whole collection.

'Wham! Pow!' was the next polish I swatched. This is such a vibrant, bright orange! And just like the other two, it has a rubber finish. I usually don't like orange, but this one won me over!

'Almost Famous' unlike the other does not have such a defined rubbery finish. You can slightly see it in the picture. Out of all 6 polishes, this one was the worst! the colors ok, but application was not. It is very streaky and took 5 layers to somewhat smooth out. Luckily, a layer of top coat covers up the inperfections.

'Twiggie' isn't as neon as the others, but it is a pretty color. it has a slight rubber finish, silly me forgot to take a picture with a top coat. this is 4 coats, and is almost as streaky as 'Almost Famous'.

'Chelsea Girl' is a gorgeous blue! I don't know if I would say this is "neon", but it is very bright! This one had a big difference between its natural rubbery finish and the topcoat. Either way, it's absolutely gorgeous!


'Pucci-licious' is the last of the collection. This is a "bright" light purple, not exactly neon. This is a picture with the top coat. 

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the collection. I loved that they have rubbery finishes, which makes them different than other polishes. If you see this collection for sale anywhere, I suggest you snag it up! (:

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! They look soo pretty! I loved them all!! Are they from charlotte rouse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arent they gorgeous?! I got this collection at Marshall's (: Most Ross and TJMaxx also have color club sets though.

      Delete